Friday, September 2, 2011

{Recipes} I'm Heading to the Fair

Every year over Labor Day weekend, I head to my hometown to participate in our local agricultural fair. I help set up the fair entries, the kids *compete* in the annual games, and we just enjoy being out the in country, relaxing for the weekend. For this post, I've collected some of mine and my kids' favorite food-related things about the fair, in recipe form.

I wish that my fair had a cake decorating contest. For where I grew up, I wonder if I'd have a good chance at taking the blue ribbon. Check out this contest picture from the San Diego County Fair via Flickr:


By far, my kids' favorite thing is the one bag of cotton candy they are allowed every year. Here's an almost-as-sugary recipe for Cotton Candy cupcakes:



If you're not in the mood for going the cupcake route, check out this at home DIY Maple Cotton Candy recipe/tutorial.


I like to sample some of the local church ladies' pies :) Check out this Crunchy Caramel Apple Pie:



And my go-to dinner choice: Stromboli. Yum. Here's an Emeril version from Foodnetwork.com




Seeing all of this, I'm pretty sure I'll be posting on Tuesday about the weight that I've gained over the weekend. I hope you all have a great long weekend, and I'll catch you on the flip side :)

No comments:

Post a Comment