Wednesday, August 10, 2011

{Recipes} Peach Melba Shortcakes

I'm on the hunt for a fabulous peach cupcake recipe...I can't find one that looks awesome except for Peach Melba Cupcakes from Woman's Day magazine. And their link to the recipe doesn't work! Bummer! If one of you can find it, please pass it along. It's as though they're taunting me with their awesomeness. Check out these darn cupcakes:


I feel bad saying so, but right now these shortcakes are my consolation prize:

Photo from Stonewall Kitchen

While peaches are in season, I made as many desserts as I can. These shortcakes are making the cut today :) Visit Stonewall Kitchen for the recipe and let me know what you think!

Fresh peaches are one of my favorite things towards the close of summer. When they are gone, so is my sanity...I know fall is around the corner, but while I have my peaches, I'll happily stay in total denial.

2 comments:

  1. here is the recipe from Woman's Day.


    Recipe Ingredients

    Classic Angel Food Cake
    1 thawed 10-oz package frozen raspberries in syrup
    1 thawed 1-lb bag frozen sliced peaches
    1/4 cup sugar
    Whipped nondairy topping
    Recipe Preparation

    Prepare the Classic Angel Food Cake recipe, page 120, with these changes: You’ll need 24 jumbo paper cupcake liners. Double up the liners, 2 per cupcake, and arrange on a large baking sheet. After adding flour in Step 4, spoon the batter into a gallon-size ziptop bag; seal bag and cut off a 1⁄2-in. corner. Pipe the batter into the liners, filling each almost to the top. Smooth tops with an offset spatula. Bake 20 minutes, or until pick inserted cupcakesin centers comes out clean. Cool on baking sheet on wir
    Purée in a blender 1 thawed 10-oz package frozen raspberries in syrup. Scrape berry mixture through a fine-mesh sieve set over medium bowl to remove seeds; discard seeds.
    You’ll need 1 thawed 1-lb bag frozen sliced peaches (any thick slices should be cut into thinner slices). If desired, toss peaches with 1⁄4 cup sugar. Carefully peel back inner paper liner; remove cupcake. Slice off rounded top with a serrated knife; cut top into quarters. Place cupcake bottom back into outer paper liner and spoon some Melba Sauce over cut surface. Top with a dollop of whipped nondairy topping. Place 3 or 4 peach slices into whipped topping. Drizzle with more sauce; add another dollop of wh
    View nutrition information for this recipe »
    By Woman's Day Kitchen from Woman's Day, February 10, 2009

    ReplyDelete