Monday, June 27, 2011

{Announcement} Addition to our Blogging Team!

Hope you all had a great weekend! Today we're announcing the 2nd contributor to Two Sugar Babies' blog. Her name is Cara, and you might know her from her adorable Etsy shop, One Swell Studio. I am so lucky because Cara lives just a few minutes from me! We happened upon each other's Etsy shops, and were shocked to find out we lived so close. It is awesome to have another creative mind around here to collaborate with! We are a one-stop party machine here in our little area north of Pittsburgh. We asked Cara to tell you all a little bit about herself, so she can take it from here:


"The very first purchase I remember making was a 'Print Shop for Kids' computer program.  I loved the idea of being able to personalize the cards and banners I made for my friends and family members.  I would spend hours selecting just the right fonts, graphics & color combinations and would patiently wait as everything s-l-o-w-l-y lurched out of our Dot-Matrix printer.  As I got older, I carried my love of design into my career as a third grade teacher.  Everything from my students' activity guides and spelling tests to the parent newsletters were chock full of delightful fonts and cute clip art.  I personalized everything in my classroom with the help of my trusty computer.  When our little guy came along a few years later, I made the decision to become a stay-at-home mom.   I discovered the world of digital scrapbooking and taught myself how to use Photoshop to create his birth announcements, baptism invitations & our family holiday cards.  Since I was already a huge Etsy fanatic, it was a logical choice to open my own little shop and begin designing things for others.  One Swell Studio opened its virtual doors in December of 2010.  Now I'm able to create customized, personalized party items for my customers...and there are no Dot-Matrix printers involved--thank goodness."




Photo courtesy of One Swell Studio


Photo courtesy of One Swell Studio

We're so excited to share Cara's great ideas! Check back to see her posts, and posts from our other fabulous contributor, Jill from Modern Cupcake!

No comments:

Post a Comment