Wednesday, November 23, 2011

{Cupcake Spy} Worcester, MA

Hi!  My name is Melody from Tea Party Designs.  I was so excited to sign up as a cupcake spy and then realized how few cute bakeries were in my area. After I hit Google, I was thrilled to find a cupcake shop in Worcester, MA just a few minutes away! One Saturday morning, my daughter and I visited Sweet bakery. The bakery offered an amazing selection of cupcakes including some unique flavors that I knew I had to try.



Some of the flavors are staples and new ones are added each day. I was lucky enough to try six different flavors, but it was so hard to choose.




After my contemplation, I finally chose six flavors: Peanut Butter, Margarita, Red Velvet, White with Raspberry Frosting, Carmel Rum, and “Give me Samoa”. We brought them home and starting sampling immediately. I can’t say I have a favorite – each was more delicious than the next. The White with Raspberry frosting was simple and moist. My daughter claimed this as “her cupcake” since it was pink.




I must note that the Margarita cupcake was so unexpected. The frosting had just a hint of Margarita lime flavoring and the outer rim was coated in large sugar crystals to mimic the salt. Sweet is owned by Alina Eisenhauer, who has been featured on Cupcake Wars, The Phantom Gourmet, and the Food Network. I had the pleasure of meeting Alina while I was there. She was very friendly and even let my daughter decorate her pink cupcake with some extra toppings.




To my surprise, Sweet is a bakery and cocktail bar in one! During the day, the bakery is open for sweets and coffee. At night, there is a cocktail bar in another room that serves a creative menu of appetizers including Grilled Cheese Sliders and a Bacon, Brie & Apple Quesadilla. The bar even features over 35 different martinis. I just love the idea of having a few appetizers followed by a cupcake or cheesecake!

All photos courtesy of Tea Party Designs

 Needless to say, I am thrilled to find this hidden gem and will be visiting often. Thank you to Sweet for being so helpful and to Two Sugar Babies for allowing me the opportunity to participate on this guest blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment