Thursday, July 14, 2011

{DIY} They're Good for More Than Canning

I would not call myself an avid "canner," but I did pick up a few tricks from my grandmother. Every year I have a collection of jams and preserves at the end of the growing season. I usually forget about them in my daily food preparation, but that is a story for another day.

One thing I always have on hand is an EMPTY mason jar, and I tend to use them for storage--buttons, cupcake liners, paintbrushes, you name it. Here are some much better ways I could be using them:


Still storage, but way more attractive. Photo from: Homemade by Monica


Spray them and make stylish containers. Photo from: 100 Layer Cake


Indoor/Outdoor/Party Lighting. Photo from: Two Ring Studios


Unique drinking glasses. Check out the holes in the lid! Photo from: Homemade by Monica


Make them look sort of like sea glass. Gorgeous. Get a TUTORIAL and see the photos: Craftberry Bush

No comments:

Post a Comment